- How did you hear about One You Lincolnshire?
I was called by one of the triage team as I had been in the service previously and they were following up. If they hadn’t had called, I would not have picked up the phone myself to access the service.
- Describe your journey with One You Lincolnshire. How did you feel before and how do you feel now after taking part in the programme?
Before I started the programme I was wheezing and the house smelt of smoke. Now, my wheeze has gone and the house smells fresh.
- What support did you receive?
Telephone support was invaluable. My thanks to Clare for the regular calls, which became important in my success. Clare was empathetic and listened well. Having someone to talk to was key to my quit. The supply of a vape was the best thing, It was important for me to replace the hand to mouth and this filled the gap.
- What was the hardest part? Any other barriers/challenges?
The hardest part was when I had a fall and I was unable to do things to distract me, like gardening. The vape helped me get through painful times.
What were your goals?
I had been to the dentist previously and he had kept nagging me about smoking. I was very conscience I didn’t want to lose my teeth. I also wanted to save money and have worked out that I am saving about £305 a month which is equivalent to my car loan.
Also, health goals, to improve my wheezing.
- What positive changes have you made?
As above. Improved breathing, house smells better, saved money.
- What has been your biggest achievement?
Not wanting to smoke first thing in the morning as soon as I wake up.